In various ways, we will explore in our worship, preaching, children’s material and Home Groups, what it means to be an eco-congregation and an inter-generational Christian learning community.
We will do this:
- Through a sermon series on key Bible stories
- Through welcome and learning in our Home Groups
- By providing opportunities for our congregations to grow in Christian confidence
- By encouraging us to read the Bible in a year, through a very helpful resource www.bibleinoneyear.org
- 6th Sept Love the Lord your God with all your heart, Soul, strength, and mind
- 13th Sept Love your neighbour
- 20th Sept Love yourself
- 27th Sept Mission Gift Day: Send a Cow Charity
October/November/December Themes – Being an Eco Congregation. How then shall we live? – an exploration of our theology of Eco-church
- 4th Oct Harvest Festival God and progress: The problem of blind ignorance
- 11th Oct God and Nature: The problem of separation
- 18th Oct God and Heaven: The Problem of after- life is left for after life. Old Town Partnership Pulpit Exchange – Robert Jordan preaching.
- Friday 23rd Oct Martin Palmer Friends of Christ Church lecture ‘Learning from Celebration Earth’
- 25th Oct God and Us: The problem of Greed
- 1st Nov All Saints Day – God and Salvation: The Salvation of Humankind. All Souls Bereavement Care gathering
- 8th Nov Remembrance Sunday – in the light of Covid-19. How can our remembering lead us to transformation?
- 15th Nov God and Conscience: The Salvation of Society
- 22nd Nov Mission Gift Day Water Aid: Stream of Living Water
- 29th Nov Advent Sunday: God in Me, what can I do?
- 6th Dec God in the Community: What can we do?
- 7th Dec Holy Innocents: we are all key workers.
- 13th Dec Preparing for Christmas in the midst of a world pandemic. Theme: Comfort
- 20th Dec Preparing for Christmas in the midst of a world pandemic. Theme: Joy
- 25th Dec Friday, Christmas Day Theme: New insights for 2020 as Jesus is born.