What do I need to think about?
In view of the nature of the promises that need to be made, there are a number of questions for you to think about.
Having a child Baptised (Christened) is saying that you and your family are wishing to follow Jesus, and that you wish to bring your child up within the family of the Church. Your child would be beginning a life-long journey of faith, with Jesus as their guide and with you and their godparents, to help them on their way.
- Am I prepared to give my child a Christian upbringing by being actively involved within the family of the Church?
- Will I help my child to attend Sunday worship regularly and learn to pray, not just through my teaching, but by my own example?
- Will I pray regularly for my child?
- Will I encourage my child in due time to come to Confirmation and Communion?
- Can I make the promises that will be required of me in the Baptism Service with integrity
Considered carefully, these questions will help you decide whether Baptism would be right for you and your child or whether a Service of Thanksgiving would be more appropriate at this stage.
If you would like to find out more please contact the parish office, (01793 522832) or Rev’d Simon Stevenette Simon@christchurchswindon.co.uk (01793 529166)