Reflecting on the Passion of Jesus, His life, His death and His Resurrection.
A special week of refocusing on our purpose as a Christian community.
Holy Week Services & Events
Short Daily Prayers
- 9am Morning Prayer
- 1pm Lunchtime Prayer
- 7pm Evening Prayer
Wednesday 12th April
- 10.30am Holy Communion
- 1pm Piano/Organ Recital – Music by JS Bach, Debussy, Grieg and Demessieux,
- led by our Director of Music, Tim Eyles (repeated on Friday evening)
Thursday 13th April
- 10.30am Blessing of Oils at Bristol Cathedral (transport available please call the parish office to arrange, Tel. 522832)
- 7pm Agape at Immanuel, Upham Road.
- 9pm – 11pm Prayer Vigil at Christ Church
Good Friday 14th April
- 12-3pm Meditation on Jesus’ last words at the Cross: Revd Richard Inglesby Come and go as you wish, if possible on the hour or half hour.
- Introduction – these 3 hours to be a journey of faith and trust, first into the darkness of betrayal and rejection, leading to Jesus’ crucifixion.
- In the darkness – to include reflections on clinical depression. Psalm 88
- The cross and our redemption – stories of hope through Christ’s death for us.
- Survival and hope – the persecuted church, carrying their cross almost literally.
- Forgiveness and mercy – the heart of the scriptures & our Christian faith.
- Love is his meaning – how the Spirit leads us to the cross and beyond, to show the love of God in our lives.
- 2 – 3pm Children’s workshop in the Community Centre.
- 7pm Holy Week Piano/Organ Recital, with music by JS Bach, Debussy, Grieg and Demessieux, led by our Director of Music, Tim Eyles.
Saturday 15th April
- Easter Saturday Ramble (details)
- 7pm Easter Vigil Welcoming the Resurrection.
Easter Day 16th April
- 5.30am Dawn Service – Partnership Easter celebration at Holy Rood on the Lawns with Godfrey Room preaching.
- 8am Holy Communion.
- 9am Holy Communion at St Mary’s, Commonweal Road
- 10am Family Holy Communion with Easter egg hunt
- 3.30- 5.30pm Do come and join us to celebrate Easter. There will be fun, crafts, songs and worship and, of course, a delicious afternoon tea – there may even be chocolate :-).
- 6.30pm Easter Praise