The building process is now fully underway. You can find out more details about the building and its features on an information board at the rear of the church. We also have an Photo gallery showing the progress of the build. For the period of the build Timberworks, our contractors will do everything they can to minimise disruption caused by the works. Unfortunately however, demolition, drilling and general ground works will inevitably be noisy and sometimes disruptive as vehicles come and go around the site.Please also be aware that site works can be hazardous so please obey all signs, warnings and instructions given by the Contractor’s staff – they are responsible for ensuring the safety of the site. If you have any queries please contact Tom Marriott our Project Manager, on his mobile; 079006 720 45
Timetable of Works
- Contract Signed – February
- March 18th – Timberworks, our contractor, take over the site
- Work starts to move gravestones and prepare Western access for build and demolition.
- April 1st – Demolition of the old centre and site clearing begins.
- April 15th – Boreholes for Ground source heating.
- May 1st – Ground works – creating foundations for the new building.
- May 21st – Building commences
- End August – Building work complete.
- September 1st – Open for business