Easter eve (Easter Saturday) 31 Mar 2018
Most of the way is on footpaths/bridleways. Some on quiet minor roads. Two short (300 yds) sections on the Ramsbury/Marlborough road, where there is no footpath. Appropriate footwear is essential – wellies, trainers or walking boots. There are a few short sections which are muddy and, if wet, will be very slippery and will require care. Bring warm clothes and waterproofs. The full walk is 7 1/2 miles. Bus fares between approx £5 and £8.50. Short option – 3 ½ miles to Axford. Then either the 15.23 bus (service 48A) to Marlborough or 15.49 (service 48) to Swindon (or taxi share).
Please let the walk leader know in advance if you would like to join the walk, and if you would like to be included in a sandwich lunch at the Red Lion (extra cost – to be confirmed).
Organiser and walk leader (c/o PCC Christ with St Mary’s, Swindon) – Daniel Pitt Swindon (01793) 521732 Mob 07834 704350 email@example.com
- 10.30 Meet at Swindon Bus Station
- 10.40 Thamesdown Service 46 bus to Ramsbury
- 11.22 Bus arrives at The Bell in Ramsbury
- 11.30 Depart The Bell on foot. 3 1/2 miles to Axford
- 13.15 Arrive The Red Lion, Axford.
- 14.30 Depart The Red Lion on foot (short option as below).
- 15.30 Arrive St John the Baptist church (11th Century) Mildenhall.
- 16.00 Depart St John the Baptist on foot for Marlborough
- 17.00 Arrive Marlborough (Castle and Ball)
- 17.55 Depart Marlborough Service 48 bus
- 18.49 Arrive Swindon Bus Station
(Alternative buses Thamesdown Service 80 or Salisbury Red, X5. NB – need Wiltshire Day Rover for X5).